For over 50 years our team of international educators and artistic directors has empowered hair and beauty students by providing the strongest educational foundation to support a lifetime of learning. As a world-renowned leader in beauty education, our educational programs are used across six continents. We offer Pivot Point education through the largest network of schools in North America, and via a global network of distributors to 50,000 current and future beauty professionals every year. Our methods are engaging. Our techniques are one-of-a-kind. Our philosophy will take you beyond.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer for our Global Headquarters in Chicago, near O’Hare Airport. Under the direction of the Creative Services Senior Manager, this position will conceptualize, design and execute creative solutions that consistently and clearly communicate the global organization’s brand positioning across all touch points, including marketing communications, sales collateral, events and educational publications. Candidates will have broad design capabilities and experience, with a solid background in visual communications, print, digital, branding, typography, photography and video. Individual must be capable of leading the creative aspects of a project, and demonstrate stellar communication skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Designs marketing and sales materials – brochures, flyers, packaging, advertising, infographics, environmental graphics and catalogs, to name a few – working in a collaborative environment with design team, copywriters, and other sales and marketing personnel
• Creates wireframes, mockups, and artwork for web, email and other digital projects, incorporating an understanding of UX best practices
• Delivers strong creative solutions through various graphic design principles and methods
• Offers creative input for still and video shoots, and assists Creative Services Senior Manager and Multimedia Designer with music selection, graphics, and content editing
• Presents design work to stakeholders for review and final approval
• Works with production team and interfaces with printer, supplying fully preflighted files to commercial printers and attending press checks
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent
• Minimum five years of agency or corporate design experience
• Demonstrated successful, contemporary design experience across print and digital mediums
• Expert working knowledge and skills of the following software on a Mac platform (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), as well as strong PowerPoint and MS Office Word skills; HTML and Dreamweaver knowledge a plus
• Solid presentation, listening and communication capabilities; able to interact effectively with individuals at all levels
• Familiarity with web protocols and understanding of web design in relation to mobile, responsive, and cross platform compatibility
• Strong organization and problem solving skills with the ability to work efficiently and manage both daily deadlines and complex, long-term projects
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Customer service oriented, with strong work ethic and positive, professional attitude
• Able to adapt to changing priorities and new technologies
If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with which you can establish forward-looking goals and deliver measurable results, this is the place for you! We offer a very competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision care, STD, LTD, Life, AD&D, 401k match, paid time off, promotional opportunities and much more.
Pivot Point International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.